Are you entitled to an NHS sight test?
The NHS funds free eye tests for those meeting certain criteria. NHS sight tests are available if you:
- Are under 16 years of age.
- Are under 19 years of age and in full-time education such as university or college.
- Are over 60 years old.
- You receive or your partner receives a state benefit such as; income support, income-based jobseeker’s allowance and pension credit guarantee.
- Suffer from diabetes.
- Suffer from glaucoma.
- Are over 40 years old and have a close relative such as a parent/ child/ or brother or sister who has or has had glaucoma.
- Have been advised by an eye doctor that you are at risk of glaucoma.
- Are entitled to have a NHS tax credit certificate.
- Have a HC2 certificate.
- Are registered blind or are partially sighted.
- Are entitled to NHS Complex Lens Vouchers.
To book an eye test or contact lens consultation, click the button below.
Vouchers are also available to offset the cost of any glasses or contact lenses prescribed.
Ask your optician if you are unsure about your entitlements.